These monster bites are a delightful and playful treat that will add a playful touch to your Halloween occasion. With the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy, they are not only adorable but also delicious.
What do I need?
- 2 pink lady apples
- 1 small jar peanut butter
- 1 small bag mini marshmallows
- Toothpicks and white chocolate coated raisins (optional)
How do I make it?
- Begin by thoroughly washing the apples and slicing them into four sections.
- Carefully remove the core from each apple section and then cut them in half again to create the distinctive lips of your little monster.
- If you are making ahead of time, brush apple flesh with lemon juice or lemonade to prevent browning.
- Take each apple slice and generously spread peanut butter on one side. Allow the peanut butter to ooze over the edge of the peel side, creating a delicious and sticky base.
- Now comes the fun part! Press mini marshmallows along the peel side to make the teeth and place one “tooth” behind the row of teeth to anchor the top lip.
- Position the top of the apple slice onto the teeth, completing the look.
- Optionally, for an extra eerie effect, create additional monster eyes using toothpicks and white chocolate-coated raisins. Insert toothpicks into the apple slices and attach the raisins to add more personality to your little monsters.