Nothing signals the warm, relaxed days of summer quite like prawns cooked on the barbecue. Enjoy these with a salad or just as they are.
What do I need?
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 3 large sweet chillies, seeds removed
- 1 birdseye chilli, seeds removed
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 king green prawns
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Zest (finely grated) and juice of 1 lemon
How do I make it?
- In a small roasting dish place garlic, chillies and olive oil and cook until the garlic is very tender and the chillies have blackened, approx. 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cool completely and then blitz in a food processor.
- To butterfly the prawns, use a serrated knife to slice through the back of the prawns from the head to tail. Remove the vein and open the prawns to lay flat.
- Preheat grill pan or barbecue to high.
- Place garlic, chilli and oil mixture into a bowl and add parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Brush prawns with chilli mix and cook flesh-side down for 1-2 minutes until red and lightly charred. Turn and continue cooking until cooked through. Remove from heat and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Squeeze over lemon juice and serve immediately.